The First Responders of First Responders.
It takes a unique person to work as a Kern County Sheriff’s Office Dispatcher. The ability to multi-task while communicating calmly with those in need of emergency services is a valuable skill that is needed in this position.
If you have the ability and the desire to literally “answer the call” from members of the community needing our help, then we encourage you to apply.
Kern County Sheriff’s Office Dispatchers operate and control telephones, 9-1-1 equipment, transmitters, and receivers in the Sheriff’s Office through a computer-aided dispatch system.
Dispatchers access and relay information via telephone and radio messages.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Possession of a Valid California Driver’s License (may be required to obtain a Class II license)
- Experience with a keyboard similar to that on a micro-computer is desirable.
- Keyboard certificate 45 wpm within the last two years
- Must pass a medical examination
- Must pass a performance exam
- Must pass an oral exam
Note: Candidates employed in the classification of Sheriff Dispatch Assistant must have completed the required one year probationary period in this classification before promoting to Sheriff’s Dispatcher I.
- $4,088.83 – $4,886.53 Monthly
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 3 Paid Winter Recess Leave Days
- Up to 80 Hours of Paid Time Off Per Year
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Deferred Compensation Plan