The Kern Regional Training Center is excited to offer the POST entry Level Law Enforcement Test Battery (PELLET B). The written exam is the first phase of the examination process for law enforcement trainee candidates and measures reading and writing ability.
The Law Enforcement trainee candidates will need to obtain a score of 42 or higher to apply for the student sponsored Basic Academy scheduled for March 2024.
Additional Information or Notes:
The PELLET B is multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank written examination designed to measure reading and writing ability. Applicants are given 2 ½ hours to complete the PELLET B, which contains five sections:
- Spelling (applicants select the correct spelling of a word from a list of options)
- Vocabulary (applicants select the correct meaning of a word from a list of options)
- Clarity (applicants select the correct meaning of a word from a list of options)
- Reading Comprehension (applicants read a passage and answer questions about the passage’s content)
- Cloze (applicants use Contextual Clues to complete a passage that contains blanks/missing words)
Candidates can prepare for the PELLET B by reading the Preparation Guide for the POST Entry Level Law Enforcement Test Battery and taking the practice test included at the end of the guide.
Please note in accordance with POST, the PELLET B can only be taken once in a 30-day time period.
ALL TESTING WILL BE DONE AT THE TRAINING CENTER
962 NORRIS ROAD